Erasmus+ programme also offers internships to an enterprise or organisation abroad. The countries participating in the programme are
- EU countries - Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden
- The countries in the EEZ - Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
- Two EU candidate countries - Turkey and North Macedonia
The internship can last two to twelve depending on the time allocated in the study contract. If the programme allows for less than two months of internship, the Erasmus+ internship must be planned for at least two months.
To apply to the Erasmus+ internship
Submit the application form to the international cooperation centre until May 1 every year. If surplus funds remain, the application deadline is extended until October 1.
If you have already participated in an LLP/ Erasmus or Erasmus+ programme you can apply again if:
- if the mobility is planned for the same study level, during which you have already received an Erasmus grant, then total mobility period during this level cannot extend over twelve months (adding all the mobilities together)
- several study mobilities can be realised during one study level, however they cannot last for more than twelve months in total
You can participate in Erasmus+ mobility
- you are a Latvian citizen, a permanent resident or a full-time student possessing a permanent residence permit
- you have successfully finished and passed all courses for at least a semester in LBTU
- your language skills are adequate (at least B1 or B2 in the CEFR system) to study in the foreign university
- you do not have any unfulfilled academic requirements or financial obligations to LBTU
Before going abroad
You must consult with your programme director or the International cooperation centre about the possibility of an internship abroad. Most often you must find the internship programme on your own. Once you have found a programme and it has been approved by LBTU, the Training Agreement - Student Mobility for Traineeships will be prepared. This will be signed by yourself, the study programme director and the director of your internship/ contact person at the enterprise/institution
After returning from the internship
- the student must submit an online report (will be sent automatically to the student's e-mail a day after the final day of the Erasmus+ period )
- a certificate/ confirmation letter from the enterprise/organisation confirming the period of the internship - Training Agreement: Student Mobility for Traineeships - After the Mobility section
- Erasmus+ experience story
Please contact the International Cooperation centre with any further questions!